Saturday 19 May 2012

Who & What Inspire's Me?



Over the course of the next few months, I'm going to be posting who, where, and what inspires my fashion style (even though I don't think I have one).

Today, it's going to be more of a what inspires me and I think this is something that inspires a lot of people really. It's the 1920's right through to the 1940's. For me, this period of time was magical when it came to fashion, beauty, and style. The ladies of that era were impeccably dressed with the most beautiful make-up and hairstyles. If I could, I would happily go back and live in those times. 

What I think inspires me most about this period in time, is people were just discovering make-up, especially in the 1920's. Of course I know make-up existed before the 1920's, but the 1920's was when women became more open about wearing make-up and began to experiment with the products being introduced to the market. 




The elegance of these couple of decades fascinates me. Women took time to get ready in the morning and they walked out the door looking their best. Something that I feel is lost in today's society. Old Hollywood, as I lovingly call it, and the femme fatale is something else that plays a huge part in the way I view fashion. Not just the clothes, but again the make-up and hairstyles. Along with the film noir sirens, the pin-up queens and of course the burlesque stars are people I look up to when it comes to buying clothes. Not that I would walk down the street dressed in a full burlesque costume (though I have seen people walking into my workplace in a lot less), I just find the fabrics, textile, the overall glamour of it all beyond beautiful. 

Someone who I feel captures all of this long forgotten glamour is Dita Von Teese. I won't even begin talking about this amazing lady today, but for me she is the epitome of beauty, and glamour. She has managed to bring back a lot of that long forgotten elegance of the 1940's. On a side note, have you seen her perfume packaging, oh my gosh it is so, so beautiful!





For now, I feel that this little introduction to my personal style is just one big ramble! Thank you if you managed to stick with this post until the end! Hopefully it made sense to some of you and I promise I will continue on with this personal style influence thing. 

XO Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment